Thursday, February 12, 2015

Rainbow Hexie Mini and EPP Finishes

Rainbow Hexie Mini - 10" x 12" using 1/2" hexagons 

I posted last month about the rainbow (plus pink) mini quilt I was working on, using 1/2" hexies. I haven't been sewing as much this year as I try to reclaim an organized craft and home space, but I managed to finish the quilt a couple of weeks ago.I am so happy with this little quilt. It finished at approximately 10" x 12", which is the perfect size for the wall in my little sewing corner. 

I taped it up on my wall temporarily, but as of yesterday, it has been removed along with all the other minis while I reconfigure the wall space after adding a fresh coat of paint to the room.

Happy little corner

I dusted off a 36 degree diamond WIP with Lecien Flower Sugar 2013 that had been languishing in my closet drawer for over a year. I was not pleased with my center points (these diamond points are sharp and I tried to be clever when I pieced them - to my detriment), but with the addition of a center circle applique, I found a way to love and finish this project.

I hand appliqued the diamonds to Carolyn Friedlander's Architextures scribble fabric while watching the Super Bowl, straight line quilted, and made a 20" pillow with covered zipper back. It fits in perfectly with the other pillows on the sofa. Stay tuned - there will be many pillows made this year.

Diamond EPP pillow

My final recent EPP finish is a little hexagon heart pillow. I thought this would be a fun way to continue moving through some of the 1/2"hexies I basted from my scraps. I hand appliqued the heart to Riley Blake Le Creme Swiss Dots (one of my favorites!), did some easy straight line quilting, and added a covered zipper back. This little pillow finishes at 10" square.

Quilted Heart Hexagon Pillow

Quilted Heart Hexagon Pillow

Heart Hexies

Pillow back - covered zipper

Well, I suppose I appear to be doing a little sewing lately. I'll have a separate post on a project that took a week or so from quilting...

1 comment: