Monday, March 30, 2015

Vintage Candy Cottage Pattern



I drafted a pattern for a holiday pillow swap a while back, and I added extra pattern pieces which can be substituted to make the pattern with a year round theme. The Vintage Candy Cottage pattern was once available to purchase on Craftsy, but I now have it available on Payhip. I dusted off my pattern this month to make a pillow for a friend. I used some of my favorite Tasha Noel fabric for the house and border, and quilted with 1/2" diagonal crosshatching and Miss  Kate red and white scallops for the binding. Pillow finishes at 20" square.



The original Vintage Candy Cottage pillow I made for a holiday swap adds candy canes to the yard and wreaths to the windows, along with a patchwork border.


I made a spring mini quilt for a friend last year with 1/4" crosshatch quilting and also using my favorite Tashe Noel floral, this time in aqua for the background.




At some point I would like to make myself a mini to hang in my sewing room, but I have many other things planned before I get there.

2 comments:

  1. and one for your friend Ellyn too! Or I could break down & make it myself. there's an idea! so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I had to buy it. Would like to make a pillow!

    ReplyDelete